Google Places allows business owners to update and manage their physical business location information. This information can be used to update their business listing so that it appears correctly within Google Maps and associated Google properties when users do searches. A well optimized listing can also show in organic search results. Below are some tips on how to make your listing stand out:
1. Completely fill in all information including e-mail address, website, keyword-rich (but not stuffed) description and categories.
2. Service Areas – select whether customers should come to you or if you are able to go to the customer. If you can go to the customer, select a radius around the business or the specific areas service is available. Remember to update this if the Service areas ever change!
3. Hours of Operation – input this information so customers are sure of when they can contact you. Remember to update this if the business is open for longer or shorter times like during the Holiday season.
4. Photos – photos are a great way to show customers that a wide-range of services are available, that the Google Places listing is taken seriously and photos can help encourage individuals to click through to your actual website.
5. Additional Details – take this opportunity to include a couple of important keywords and add any more information that hasn’t already been covered. This is a great area to mention the brands and models you carry.
Visit Google directly to learn more about Google Places.