Often we can look to the auto industry as being ahead of our industry in adoption of technology. As the auto dealers debate the pros and cons of social media what are the implications for the Equipment industry? I believe there is a lot to be learned.
The quandary is that Facebook and other social networking tools ARE A BIG DEAL whether we want to admit it or not. J.D. Powers released the following statistics:
- Facebook added 100 million users in nine months.
- If Facebook were a country, its population would be the fourth largest in the world.
- 100 million videos are on YouTube.com
- Online bloggers now number 200 million, three-quarters of them posting opinions about products and services.
- Nearly 80% of consumers trust their peers’ opinions.
We cannot bury our heads in the sand and pretend that this will not affect our future business considerations. An article by Steve Finlay on Wardsauto.com does a good job about talking about the pros and cons of Facebook.
Worth a read!
by Jennie Davis